DONE DEAL: "I'm very happy to sign for Arsenal", Gunners complete move for Bayern Munich Star - Nation News Lead

Breaking News

DONE DEAL: "I'm very happy to sign for Arsenal", Gunners complete move for Bayern Munich Star

Arsenal have secured the signature of Champions league semi Finalist and Bayern Munich star player Jill Roord with the Netherland international penning down a long term contract with the North Londoners. 

Roord move to the Emirates comes with an ease of stay as she already have the likes of influential midfielder Danielle van de Donk and Vivianne Miedema who won the Golden Boot award and fired the team into Super League title with the 22 goals in the squad which happens to be her international teammates. 

When the 22-year old was interviewed on Arsenal's official website on how he feels on completing move to play a Premier league football. 


She said:


"I'm really happy I'm going be an Arsenal player"


"Arsenal is one of the leading clubs in England  that I like so much. In Women's football, they've really set a pace for other clubs. Of course some of my Holland friends are here and I've always followed them, I'm looking forward to play" - She added. 

Jill Roord is part of the squad that won the European Championship cup for Netherlands in 2017, besides she has also won two Eredivisie titles with FC Twente before switching to Germany side Bayern Munich in 2017 where he played a season together Viktoria Schnaderbeck who is the Austria National team Captain and a very good defender and now she is set to reunite with the Austria star at Arsenal.


"I've spoken with some players here before joining and it's my decision. They said I'm going to enjoy my stay and style of play here and that it's a very big step."


"I felt really delighted about the deal. It's interesting if you go to a team and there are some two to three familiar faces on and off the pitch. I'm really pleased that I am going to play with them again here and I can't wait to do that."


"I've talked with the Manager Joe Montemurro and he makes me feel positive that my service is really needed here as he told me the way and how he wants me to play and coincidentally it suits my style of play perfectly."- she added. 


"I know Arsenal fits me, I know English league fits me and I will like to show the world what I've gat."


1 comment: