Petition Withdrawal: “I Sacrificed My Ambition For Gbajabiamila’s Speakership & Yoruba Presidency” – AKOL - Nation News Lead

Breaking News

Petition Withdrawal: “I Sacrificed My Ambition For Gbajabiamila’s Speakership & Yoruba Presidency” – AKOL


The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the last Presidential and National Assembly elections for Obokun/Oriade Federal Constituency of Osun, Dr. Olasiji Olamiju has withdrawn his petition against Honourable Oluwole Oke, from the election tribunal.

Dr Olamiju disclosed this on Wednesday, shortly after his case, pending before the Election Petitions Tribunal, sitting in Osogbo was struck out by the three man Committee, House of Representatives Election Petitions Tribunal headed by Justice Eyo Efiom Ita under his instruction.

He pointed out that his withdrawal of the petition was not because of financial inducement by any party but was in the global interest of the party.

The Pharmaceutical doctor popularly known as Akol had filed a petition, challenging the declaration of Honourable Oluwole Oke, the PDP candidate by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for February 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections.

“I’ve instructed my legal team to discontinue the matter at the election tribunal in the global interest of the party.”

The decision was based on my party leadership's decision which is supreme, and in doing so, "I am sacrificing my ambition for Honourable Gbajabiamila's Speakership ambition and Yoruba presidency in 2023."

"We have a good case in which the tribunal would have declared us winner of the contest. I am a loyal party man and the party's decision is final," he concluded.

No comments