The Rhetorics Of Solomon And Methuselah - Hon. Akinwale Lawanson - Nation News Lead

Breaking News

The Rhetorics Of Solomon And Methuselah - Hon. Akinwale Lawanson







As I joined the politics of Oriade, my immediate thought was, can the titans and veterans of Oriade politics be outwitted?

The Oriade politics requires a breath of fresh air, I was shaken by their presence, I remember in 2015 when a fellow aspirant told me to go and queue as I am a young boy, five years have passed now I’m I still a young boy? Now I can say I’m a young man, vibrant and innovative.

After the election, it became clear that the presence of young politicians is seen as a taboo, the experiences of life teaches me that it is not how far but how well. I am back and stronger, the Oriade political atmosphere needs the younger generations under the tutelage of older politicians.

It is not that our older politicians and veterans are obsolete, I am strongly a great admirer of all our leaders. I am totally in awe of my able fathers; some leaders, Baba RISA and baba FEG, our LG party leader Buodami Blessing Ademikore, our Women leaders, especially the state Women leaders. Plus all the leaders all over the LG.

I am a strong believer in true change. I can assure you that for a real change, there is a real need for something new in the local government, we must move from primitive ideologies to a more modern one. Our Local Government should be shifting from the old paradigm to a newer one... we should meet and be competing with other Local Governments when it comes to development.











Development is not a dilapidated local government secretariat, not the same old story of digging boreholes, not the continued infighting amongst local government lawmaker caused by incompetent leadership. We have very competent Councillors across the LG but our LG needs leadership that is fit for purpose and that is in tune with 21st century ideas.

Having studied our local politics, I realised that the nature of our politics requires a young, vibrant and versatile person.

I am compelled to exclaim that “ THE AGE OF METHUSELAH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON"

Hon. Akinwale (Bimbo) Lawanson.

Aspirant For The Chairman, Oriade Local Government

State of Osun.










No comments